Welcome to the home of the Newbury Historical Commission! This site began in 2005 as the 375th anniversary site of the town. After the celebration in 2010 and the reestablishment of the Newbury Historical Commission in 2011, it seemed fitting to continue to offer all of the resources that we had been collecting over the years.
The Historical Commission also serves as the stewards for the Lower Green Schoolhouse, near the Parker River on Route 1A. Open on weekends during the summer, the 1877 schoolhouse offers a rare glimpse into school days of old along with some historical items related to Newbury's history.
Lower Green Schoolhouse Opens for the Season June 1 and 2
The 1877 Lower Green Schoolhouse will open again for its Summer 2013 season on Saturday, June 1 (12-3 pm) and Sunday, June 2 (12-3 pm). We hope to have the building open each week during those times over the summer. Come visit us! Admission is free; donations accepted.
< Folk art pin available for $8 at the Town Clerk's office, Newbury Town Hall or e-mail email@example.com.